- to conduct Interdisciplinary studies on socio-economic and political problems of the region.
- to identify poverty constraints in the region.
- to suggest programmes of balanced integrated regional development.
- to conduct studies on specific problems as required by the State and Central Government and other agencies.
- to organize seminars, conferences, workshops and lectures.
- to take up allied research and academic activities.
RESEARCH AND TEACHING ACTIVITIES:
- The research activities of the centre relate to:
- Research projects initiated by the centre on socio-economic and political problems of the region.
- Research project sponsored and financed by the various agencies and Central and State Governments.
- Research conducted by the members of the academic staff.
- Guidance in the concerned discipline to the registered Ph.D. scholars.
- The members of the academic staff of the centre also engage classes at the Post-Graduate level in the concerned disciplines.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The fact that this region of the state presents a paradox of backwardness and poverty in the midst of richness of resources has necessitated the establishment of the centre to conduct research for identifying the social, economic and political constraints which have inhibited the growth and its diffusion and to suggest programmes of balanced and integrated regional department in context of natural and human resources.