MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
Major Objectives :
The major objectives of the Centre are:
1. to conduct Interdisciplinary studies on socio-economic and
political problems of the region;
2. to identify poverty constraints in the region;
3. to suggest programmes of balanced integrated regional
4. to conduct studies on specific problems as required by the State
and Central Government and other agencies
5. to organize seminars, conferences, workshops and lectures; and,
6. to take up allied research and academic activities.
(a) The research activities of the centre relate to:
(i) Research projects initiated by the centre on socio-economic and
political problems of the region
(ii) Research project sponsored and financed by the various agencies
and Central and State Governments.
(iii) Research conducted by the members of the academic staff.
(iv) Guidance in the concerned discipline to the registered Ph.D.
(b) The members of the academic staff of the centre also engage
classes at the Post-Graduate level in the concerned disciplines.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The fact that this
region of the state presents a paradox of backwardness and poverty
in the midst of richness of resources has necessitated the
establishment of the centre to conduct research for identifying the
social, economic and political constraints which have inhibited the
growth and its diffusion and to suggest programmes of balanced and
integrated regional department in context of natural and human